Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was great this year. My parents came to Boston for the week and were real troopers. On Tuesday, they hiked around Boston in the pouring rain. I showed them where I interned and took them to an authentic Japanese meal. We wandered around Quincy Market and then headed back to the Cheesecake Factory so they could met John. Dinner went well. My parents and John got along well. My mom and John bonded over a shared piece of cake and the movie Captain Ron. It was great. John makes me so happy. However, he left the next day to spend Thanksgiving with his brother, sister-in-law, and nephews and niece in D.C. It was weird not to see him everyday.
So, I hung out with my parents. We ate lunch in the North End and indulged in Gelato. I swear that is the only reason Dad comes back to Boston. Just Kidding. On Thanksgiving, we ate at the Omni Park House Hotel. It was a buffet and the food was great. They invented teh Parker House Rolls and Boston Cream Pie, both which I tried. The rolls rocked. Afterwards, we went and saw the movie Four Christmases. It was good for some laughs. On my parents last day here, we did some shopping and just spent time together. I love them so much. I am glad they came and visited me. Also, I am glad John came back. Seeing him made the stress melt away.

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Sounds like a great time! Glad they could visit with you and brighten your week. :)

shayne said...

I miss your mom and dad :( and you too of course!!!!...but definitely not Renee!! just kiddin... Are you going to be here for Christmas?