Sunday, November 16, 2008

Stupid Wind Storm

So this past week we have had rain on and off and on and off. Yesterday though with the rain came this horrible wind. Not only was it cold, but the winds were strong. They were leaves and tree branches everywhere. I thought my car was fine until I got to church this morning. (FYI-I had like the world's worst morning). Then I noticed that my small window on the back left side of my car was shattered. I could not believe it and feeling sick, all i could think was I do not want to deal with this and why did this happen to me? On further exploration, not only did my window shatter, but the stupid tree branch that hit my car dented the top of my car. I am sure dad was excited about both of my early morning phone calls home to him. But he was great. He told exactly what to do. I told Renee (as she and I are each other's sounding boards) that I wish they were coming tomorrow because they could help me, but I can handle it on my own. I know how. I guess self-reliability is good trait to have.

Realizing I could do nothing until tomorrow, I just felt completely exhausted. Combining this with feeling sick lead me to collapse into tears driving home. I just started crying, but my mom tells me that sometimes crying is good for us. It helps us feel better and I felt better afterwards and then again, after I cried on the phone with Renee. Oh, the crying. What this stupid wind storm did to me. I just realized that I need to let myself rest and that I am not superwoman. So, I have spent the good part of this Sunday just resting in bed. Sleep is good. It feels great. My body is saying thanks!!! Thank you!!!

On a more positive note, I am looking forward to Thanksgiving. My parents are coming into town and I am excited to see them though I feel my parents are more excited to meet town then see me. I am thankful for so many things this year, but that will come in a later post.

1 comment:

JAG said...

That sucks. I'm sorry... :(