Friday, December 5, 2008

Just When I Thought...

School is almost over and I thought I was through my paper writing hell. Lets just say I have been writing research papers since the beginning of November. If you do not believe me, just ask John. He has been a saint through this process and he was probably not excited to hear that I had my research proposal returned to me for one last round of edits. Thankfully, my professor is making a great effort to make sure we understand how to write a research proposal. John has spent the last two Saturdays and a Monday helping me nail this thing. He is the best and has helped me much. I could not ask for a better boyfriend. (FYI-Last night he surprised me with beautiful flowers. They are gorgeous. I love them). I guess it is one last Saturday because I am not letting this thing just sit around. However, it should only take like one hour to fix. I felt like all the stress that was gone finally came flooding back. I had that one weak moment where I was like no more. Really, no more. I have spent over 20 hours writing this thing.

Enough complaining. My car is almost fixed. I am hoping to get it back before I take off to California in a week and a half. I survived my first semester of graduate school. It has been hard, but I love studying library science. I was sad when my internship ended yesterday at the Lesley University archive. It was such a learning experience as processing records is not as easy as one may think. To finish out the semester, I have to create a poster for a paper I wrote and present my archives' research paper. Plus, finish my internship report. I can see the light.

No comments: