Monday, November 17, 2008

The Saga continues...

Today, I attempted to get my car fixed. Luckily, I live right next to an auto repair shop. So I took my car down there and had it looked at. The guy who looked at my car was extremely helpful. He explained that my best option was to file an insurance claim and just pay my deductiable. He said that this tree branch did a lot of damage and it was possible that it did some unseen damage that he would not find out about until he could take a closer look at my car. He did caution me against further driving my car as it could cause more damage based on how my window was shattered. I have not even had my car for a year.

So, we went into his office and we called my insurance company. I gave them all my information and now I have to wait for them to send an adjuster over to look at my car and estimate the damages. It gets even better as they are storing my car for me to protect it from further damage. Out of this crappy blow I was dealt, I am dealing with very helpful people, who along with my dad, have helped me through this situation. They even offered to help me rent a car if i need one. Luckily, I live in a city where if I am without a car, I can walk everywhere or take public transportation. I do not even drive to school. Usually, I drive to church or to the grocery store. Lets just say I have not put gas in my car since mid-September. The situation is getting better. Now, i just have to shake this stupid head cold, which has taken all my energy.

1 comment:

Janelle said...

Janae! Why didn't you tell me you had my blog? I could have been bloggin up with you! Ok, who knows what that means.....but now I have your blog, and I can see whats up! You look great by the way.