Friday, November 21, 2008

45 minutes later...

Sometimes taking the train to school is a nightmare and this morning was no exception. After switching trains at Park Street, as I have to take a Green line train to school after taking the Red line in from Cambridge, I hoped unto my train. The fabulous "E" line after letting two already full trains go by. It was about 8:30 and usually I am to school by 9 as my class starts at 9:30. We leave Park Street and make our first stop. I get off at the sixth stop on this line. Between this stop and the next, we stop. I did not find anything unusual about this as sometimes the train stops because it has to wait for the train in front of it to leave the station.

After we do not move for a few minutes, we hear the announcement that a train up ahead has broken down at the Copley stop, but that they were moving the train already. This should not take that long I thought. Then another annoucement that they still had not moved the train. We just kept standing there and waiting. Then the annoucements became on how it was now a "major" delay due to a disabled train. Finally, after 45 minutes, our train finally moved at 9:30. Luckily, i was only 30 minutes late to class along with some other classmates. Let me tell you though, a lot of guys gave up their seats for us girls so we did not have to stand the whole time. But it was not fun.

1 comment:

JAG said...

What a pain. That is so annoying.