Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Tax Man AKA My Dad!

In honor of tomorrow's tax dealine, I want to pay tribute to the best father on this planet. You see my dad is an accountant and loves April 15th....

Me and my dad at the Omni Parker House in Boston.
Papa and Eli. My dad loves being a grandpa. He loves Eli and West so much.

Papa holding West. I love this picture because you can just tell by his eyes how much love he has for this little boy.

My dad and mom. They have been married 29 years and counting.
My dad works crazy hours every year for both this deadline and the October 15th deadline. However, though it maybe crazy, he loves his job. He is very good at it and I am thankful for how hard he works because it has afforded me with many oppurtunities, like school and travel. I do not take any of this for granted. He is an amazing husband, father, grandpa, and uncle. He works hard to provide for his family, but know his top priority is his family. His faith in the Lord is strong. He always reminds us to look at things in term of the eternal perspective. I could not ask for a better father. I love him very much.

He has this big, warm loving heart. You can feel his love, especially when my two little nephews are around. Though he will never admit it, when he knows they are going to be at his house, he always tries to get home early from work. I can confirm this because when he talks about taking off early, he just gets this big grin on his face because he is excited to see them. He loves playing with Eli, whether they are playing blocks or building train tracks. He was so excited to meet West when he was born. When you see him with them, you can see the love radiate off of him. Love always radiates off of him. He is so patience, which he has to be to deal with some parts of our family. But it pays off. He loves my mom more than anyone in this world. He only wants to make her happy. Mom, you got a good one as you constantly tell me. He loves his children too and only wants us to be happy. He supports every decision we make, even if it may seem crazy. I love you dad!!! Thank you for everything you do. We would not be where we are without you and mom's love and support.

1 comment:

Laurel said...

Awww, that's such a sweet post. I agree -- your dad is the epitome of patience! And what a grandpa he is. We sure love him! :)