Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My New Job

Above, is a picture of the JFK Presidential Library and Museum, where I began my new job as an Oral History intern. As I am officially employed by the National Archives and Records Administration, which is a goverment ran agency, I was finger printed and am in the process of going through an extensive background check. This involves remembering where I lived for the past five years and so on. Lets just say it took awhile to fill out the forms.

The Library is located right on Boston Harbor and in the pavillion, there is a huge glass window that overlooks the ocean. It is beautiful to look out. However, I am down in the basement that has no windows, but I am loving my job. I am helping to transcribe oral history interviews and get them ready for publication on the library's website. The people I work with are fun and some are my fellow classmates. I am thankful for this oppurtunity as it allows me to further develope my skills as an archivist. Plus, I am learning much about JFK and his legacy. I love the museum. If you come visit me, you will have to come check it out.

Happy birthday to my sister-in-law, Laurel. You are the best!!!

3 comments:

JAG said...

Good for you!! I had an interview this morning that I think went well. Wish me luck!

Laurel said...

Thanks so much Janae! I had a wonderful birthday and I enjoyed getting your message. We were down in Mission Viejo for most of the day, so that's why I missed ya.

Your new office building looks cool! How interesting to transcribe that kind of 'living' history. Can't wait to come and see it all! :)

Janae and Topher said...

Thanks you guys!!! Ali, I hope you ge the job. I will keep my fingers crossed that everything works out. Laurel, I am glad you had a good day. I cannot wait for you guys to come visit. Like I said, I am going to drag you everywhere so you can take millions of pictures.