Sunday, April 12, 2009

Loving Banana Republic

Yesterday, my roommate and I decided to head over to the mall to do a little shopping because we just needed a break from school and work. We decided to look through Banana Republic because she had to return some pants. Also, they were selling dresses for $98 and less. I decided to browse through the sales racks because they had tons of clothes. Looking through the pants because I need some black slacks for work, I was not finding anything good. Then bingo, I came upon these pant wide leg pants. Looking at the price tag, they were on sale for $13.97 and they were in my size. Originally, they were $98. Score!!! I tried them on and they fit perfectly. Also, I tried on this green and white summery dress. I liked it, but it was expensive and I could not justify purchasing it. Another time. So I got the pants. The girl at the cashier did a double take, but she was like you got the best deal ever. Yeah for good deals!!! Now, if only that dress would go on sale. Well, it was, but I do not consider $98 a bargain. Sorry, sales girl who tried so hard to get me to buy it. I had will power.

Also, happy easter to everyone. My day was fabulous. This was the first easter I spent away from my family, but I had such a good day. Church was great and afterwards, my roommate and I put a on brunch for some of our friends. It was good. I made two quiches, one with bacon, spinach, and swiss cheese (Thank you Paula Deen) and one with red pepper, spinach, and cheddar cheese (this one without a crust too). Plus, I made this fantastic lemon cake by Martha Stewart, which I cannot stop eating. The gym will be fun tomorrow. If anybody wants the recipes, leave me a comment and I will post them. They were fantastic. A few people who did not like quiche, told me I converted them. My roommate, Rebecca made waffles. Other dishes included potatoes, pepperoni cottage cheese bread (the best bread on this planet, my friend Eric made it and it is delicious), fruit, and a cupcake bunny cake. Plus, our conversations ventured from everything from frictionless cars to bird surgeries to bugle time sharing. During this last mentioned conversation I could not stop laughing. Bugle time sharing was just hilarious. We are a crazy bunch. It was good.

On another note, gosh this post is going everywhere, I am thankful for my friends out here. They are my second family. When I moved out here in September, I made the decision to meet people quickly. I tend to want to flee and be by myself, but I knew I could not do that. I would not survive that way. I took up offers of hanging out or going places to get to know people. It has really paid off. The people out here, both in my ward and at school, are great. They are one of the reasons I can do this. The starting of this semester was rough to say the least. I was homesick, stressed about finding a job, beginning school, and I broke up with my boyfriend. Everything just caved in on me at once and I did not know what I was doing. My emotions were all over the map, just ask Renee. My family back home was very supportive, but I think it was difficult to truly articulate what I was going through to them. They were some days I just did not want to get out of bed. I did not feel it was even worth it. I hit rock bottom.

My mom would just say go do something and I would and it helped. However, it was these people out here who made the difference. They invited me out to do things or just lended an ear. I never had a weekend go by when I was not out doing something. This past weekend, one of the talks focused on ways of overcoming challenges. One of his suggestions was laughter. Laughter works. It is a great cure all. I laughed with them about stupid things, i.e. bugle time sharing. They helped get me out of this awful period of my life. I do not even think they knew what they were doing, but they were an answer to my prayers. I am very thankful for them. I love them very much! Happy Easter!!!

2 comments:

JAG said...

What a steal of a deal!! I'm glad you had such a great weekend! Happy Easter!

Virginia Janet said...

Interesting post!! Banana Republic is my favorite store for dresses and other fashion accessories... I got a summer dress and shoes from here just last weekend...