Sunday, April 26, 2009

11 Days and counting...

I have officially begun the countdown to the end of the semester. I have 11 days left. May 7th cannot come soon enough. Aside from being the last day of class, I get to fly to Salt Lake to see my sister graduate from the University of Utah. I have not seen her in like five months and I miss her so, oh so much. I am so excited to see her graduate. I know how hard she has worked and how brilliant she is. She is the best sister. I love her. My next few posts leading up to seeing her may be sappy, but it is because I am excited to see her, my parents, Nathan, Laurel, West, Eli, Julee, and Aubree. It has been too long. However, I love Boston. I have made some great friends out here. I am so thankful for them.

I will make it. The weather here has finally turned. The past two days it has been 80 degrees. Lets just say I pulled out the flip flops and shorts. It feels wonderful. I am so excited for spring. All the flowers are blooming and the city finally feels alive. You can feel and see the awakening.

Aside from the weather, I am sure you have all seen the news about the arrest of the Craigslist killer here in Boston. I watched all the covered both and after Markoff's arrest. I have been to both the Westin and the Marriot where the attacks occurred. These are nice hotels. They are located in Copley Square which is one of the ritzy places in downtown. Just picture nice, espensive hotels, like the Westin and Four Seasons along with shops liks Escada, Tiffany's, etc. I am thankful that they caught him. He put this town on edge. You felt the relief when he was arrested. The fear was gone. Boston is a great city, but with all big cities, there are the downsides. You just hope everything works out. I remember some Fridays last semester, after getting home from class, receiving emails that a student at my school had been attacked or mugged. It happened a few times, but it is just a reminder that you need to watch your surroundings and keep to safe places.

Also, I just realized that my school is like four blocks from Fenway Park. I knew I was close to where the Sox played, but not that close. Kenmore Square, where Fenway is located is a fun place. The park is surrounded by pubs. I found the best burger place down there called UBurger. Lets just say after spending like 7 hours at school Friday finishing a paper, I craved a burger and ran down there to find this place. IT was great. It was also fun to see everyone excited to watch the Sox play the Yankees. You can truly feel Boston's hatred of this team. I hate the Yankees, which is weird, but you cannot help but love the Sox. They just find this way into your heart. Do not worry though Dad and Nathan, I still love the Dodgers!

No comments: