Friday, April 10, 2009

Hello Spring, Good-bye Winter!!!

Officially, I can now say I survived my first New England winter. I sloshed through snow, survived bone chilling winds, dealth with four o'clock in the afternoon sunsets and lack of light, and did not freeze to death. From this, I found that my new favorite pair of clothing are silk long johns. They really keep you warm. Plus, you become a fan of layering, thicks socks, and rain boots. I love rain boots. I remember growing up laughing at the phrase "When it rains, it pours." Guess what, out here, it is true, but you survive it by wearing rain boots and having a sturdy umbrella. WIth steady rain, I mean it rained for days and days without letting it, many puddles developed and having rain boots allows you to walk right through them and protects your pants. However, they are not the easiest things to wear. I ate it walking up stairs a few times, but that was probably due to the lack of any coordination skills.

Now, the weather is turning to spring after surviving five straight days of rain to begin April. At least it was not like the beginning of March, where the newscaster was laughing that we had not had one day over freezing to begin the month. It really rings true out here the saying "April Showers, Bring May Flowers." Everything is just waiting to bloom. I am so excited because spring is beautiful out here. The trees to go green and purple flowers bloom everywhere. Do not worry, I will take and post pictures. The weather is nice before the arrival of summer and humidity. Oh, the joys of living by the ocean. But I made it. Winter did not kill me and I am better prepared for next year.

No comments: