Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My 100th Post

I am excited to be making my 100th post. Also, I am writing this at 5 on a Tuesday morning because my ability to sleep for another hour is gone. I think it is the combination of the end of school and the excitment of see my life in 9 days that has me up. I began my blog when I moved out here to Boston, about 9 months ago. I cannot believe it has been 9 months. At first, the adjustment was tough, but once I feel into a pattern, things were fine. I began my Master's program, moved into a new place, and attended a new ward.

There are so many things I love about living in Cambridge, which is across the river from Boston. There is a just a diversity among the people. Everyone is about buying local and loving the environment. You cannot even imagine how many times I have been asked to join Green Peace or make a donation to the Sierra Club. These people usually try and flag you down at the T-stops, but I never felt the urge to join Green Peace. I love by the Mystic River, which is beautiful. Now that spring is coming, everything is blooming. Everyone rides bikes out here. Whenever I am out on Saturdays this past few weeks, everyone is riding bikes. We have so many paved riding trials that I am going to jump on the bandwagon soon. Plus, there are so many great places to eat around here and the nearby squares, which include Harvard and Davis. It is always interesting to take the T. You never know who you are going to see or who is going to talk to you. I tend to attract the crazies. They just kind of ramble on and on to you about random things.

School is almost over. I love going to Simmons, but it is so different from BYU. My program is great. I am thankful for the oppurtunity I have to go here and learn about being an archivist. Some days are more exciting than others, but now I can tell you how the Dewey Decimal system works thanks to my cataloging class. I am looking forward to working this summer at the JFK library and hanging with my friends. I am planning my next trip back to Cali because it has been way too long. I need In-N-Out. Just kidding. If anyone is feeling bored this summer, come and visit me. We will go see the Sox play because they have found their way into my heart!

2 comments:

JAG said...

Wow I can't believe you've been out there for 9 months! Crazy.

Andrea said...

I guess it's okay you have found a place in your heart for the Sox, just as long as you have room for the Dodgers too! :)