Saturday, September 27, 2008

Rainy Days...Rainy Days...

When it rains, it pours. That certainly rings true in Boston. I thought I knew rain as it rained in California and Utah. Northeastern rain, well rain in Boston, is crazy. Friday, it rained non-stop all day long. It was not gentle rain, but huge long drops that soaked you even when you used your umbrella. I was lucky enough to have my umbrella damaged that morning by the strong wind that accompanies the rainstrom. Also, when it stopped raining, it was still dark and dreary. I woke up this morning and it seemed the storm had cleared, but I was wrong. That early afternoon, it poured again. We had ponds form outside our back door and part of street was like a river. So what do you do when it rains, you head to the mall...Here are some pictures from the storm...

Here is my car trying to survive the onslaught.
This is our pond that forms outside our backdoor. You have to skirt around it and try not to get dumped on by the water coming out of the white pipe. Oh, is it a fun challenge.
Here is the river formed from our pond...
This is the rain pounding on my windshield.
This is a side view from my car as Rebecca and I were waiting to meet her friend before going shopping. We said we were going for one hour and four hours later we were done, but it included dinner. It is suppose to rain more tomorrow. Lets just say, i cannot wait...then I am reminded that I have not experienced my first snowstorm yet. Bring on the cold weather!

1 comment:

Laurel said...

"Bring on the cold weather" may just be your famous last words. LOL. :)

Sounds like an interesting difference with the rain though. I'm glad you're enjoying some good retail therapy to help you cope. :)

No word yet on the house, but we'll definitely let everyone know when we find anything out.