Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Bum asked for help with his sign...

I have had the weirdest things happen to me this week. It began Monday with the woman cashier at CVS Pharmacy telling me about the four surgeries she had to fix her bloating problems. Did I really need to know that? She was suffering from a case of indigestion and thought she needed to share this knowledge with me when I asked her if she was alright. Too Much Information!!! THis was a forewarning of what was to come. Then after exiting CVS and crossing Porter Square, a bum was writing on his sign. As I was waiting to cross the street, he asked me if I could help him spell correctly "intellectual" for his sign. He was pretty close as he put an "i" where the first "e" should be. His sign related to politics and the current economic crisis. He was accusing the government of stealing his land. I am glad I could be of service. I hope many people read his sign that day because I was part of it. Who ever thought that I would be helping a homeless person with their sign. At least, he did not ask me for money.

Cambridge is just a very interesting place to live. In Harvard Sqaure, you have to watch out for Obama supporters trying to flag you down to explain why we should vote for him. I avoid them at all costs but they try and hunt you down. I love living here. Something different always happens each day. Now the weather is turning and fall is coming. The leaves are about to change (I promise I will take pictures). Things are going good and Renee will be out here in like two weeks. I am excited to see her and show her around. What more could I ask for. I have plenty of reasons to smile these days. I miss home. I miss seeing my nephew every week and hanging out with Nathan and Laurel. I cannot believe how big Eli is getting. I was glad he talked to me on the phone the other day, but whenever I tell him I am living in Boston, he thinks I am talking about my cat Boston. He tells me that we need to go pet him. We will go pet him when I come home. Nathan and Laurel have one cute kid and another on the way. I am excited about the impending arrival of my second nephew.

Days do get stressful though. I think I hit a point yesterday when I thought, how am I doing this? When I get here, I call my dad. He always knows what to say or he just lets me babble on and on until I feel better. I am blessed with great parents for I would not be out here without them. They want the best for their children and grandchildren. They really do. I love them.

No comments: