Monday, September 15, 2008

Are you a movie star?

Yesterday, while I was walking to my car, this older gentlemen approached me. He was in his forties and overweight. I was trying to ignore him by unlocking my car, but he kept saying excuse me. I finally said what and he said to me "are you a movie star?" I was like no. Then he said, well you should be because you are beautiful. I said thinks, hopped in my car, locked the doors, and drove away. It was so cheesy and creepy. Should I take it as a compliment that he thought I was a movie star? I am just kidding. While trying not to be too creeped out, I started laughing as this is just one more crazy thing to occur in my life.

This got me thinking about other things that have happened to me. Like realizing there is a car with Hawaiian plates parked on my street that I did not notice until this past weekend. At least there is one person who came further than me to Boston. Life is just full of surprises. You never know what is going to happen. Believe me. You could totally have the Thanksgiving spirit ruined when a certain relative decides that asking Renee after the prayer is completed and the spirits is strong why she does not return phone calls. We love telling this story to people because they do not believe it. The reactions of everyone was hilarious as everyone went dead silent. We all know why Renee did not call back. My mom stared down my dad and Nathan and Laurel were trying not to laugh. This occurred too the year after what we now term as the "Fruit Pie" incident of Thanksgiving 2006. According to my mom, Julee can make all the cherry pies she wants too at her house. Oh the drama of family holidays. I am hoping to avoid any drama this coming holiday season as I have so much to be thankful for.

2 comments:

shayne said...

i had a lady in my old ward say, "the spirit told me to ask you where you got this laminated.".....seriously lady?! haha..that is funny about the movie start thing...can i have your autograph?

Heather said...

You are beautiful!
Have you seen the youtube video "Mad TV Can I Get Your Number Original"? it is really funny. I love how persistent people are sometimes--I'm obviously ignoring you.