Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Grad School A Go!!!/Other Random Thoughts, I do mean Random...

So Grad School finally starts tomorrow!!! Yeah, after all this time. Today, was my officially advising day which at first was kind of overwhelming. However, I quickly bonded with this one girl Colleen over our mutual love for Gossip Girl. Sadly, I will admit, it has become my guiltly passion. Apparently, if I lived in Graduate housing, which I am thankful I dont, there is a group of girls how watch it together. It is just a stress relief. I felt like I was back in High School discussing the latest episode of Dawson's Creek with my friends. Yes, I was a diehard Dawson's Creek fan likfe seven years ago when I was in high school.

I met, aside from the Gossip Girl fan, a bunch of other interesting people as we all come from various backgrounds, but with a common love of libraries/archives. I talked with this girl named Grecia who spent a year working in Madrid after she graduated. I would love to study/work overseas one day, but I cannot even fathom this until an oppurtunity presents itself. Also, I bonded with a group of people over our mutual hate of the Yankees. This guy, Mike was telling me that Bostonians forgive him for being a MEts fans because he hates the Yankees. He has the best accent, I love accents especially British/ Australian. YOu can tell where my mind is tonight as I am all over the place. I am slowly marching forward as my first class is tomorrow. I am ready to give it my all and soldier forward.

I know this is where I am suppose to be without a doubt in my mind. I had to take this last year to really evaluate where I wanted to go with my life and in the process, learned so much about myself. I learned through a dating experience that I should not give up the traits I want in a husband just to settle for someone who may make me happy. Pinball did not make me happy especially when I had to watch him play on a date. Who does that? Who does that more than once on a date? It was not fun thought my family got a kick out of it. I love my family as we laught about anything. If you want an entertaining story, let me explain why making out in the back of a car at a movie theater in 100 degree weather is not fun. That story will have to comme later this week. It was on this particular night when I realized the guy dating me did not really respect me. It was uncomfortable and I had to drive 8 hours to Utah the next day. That is the question. Well, there were many questions. For the best commentary on this situation, contact Renee Lakey. For how to avoid the guy your daugther is dating, contact Ron Lakey. He is a pro at it. He and my mom just left or were busy when he showed up. Once, they were like sitting right by the door when he came over and he never knew. My dad was good. Really good. We have had many entertaining conversations on it. It was fun, but it was not meant to be. Now, I have moved on to a new ward with new people. However, I do miss my old branch, especially my friends. I loved my branch and I cannot wait to go back and visit. Remember, if anyone wants to come visit back here, I have a couch for them to sleep on.

I hope all is going well for everyone. I will try to put up pictures of my new home as soon as I am done unpacking. The hotel living is officially over. I live with two other girls, Rebecca and Robin. I have known Rebecca for the past three years as she is who I lived with when I first came out to Boston. She graduated from Harvard with a Master's in Chemistry and now teaches Chemistry as Belmont High School, which is a suburb of Boston and where the temple is located. She served her mission in Milan, Italy, the same mission as my daddy. Her mission President was President Henderson, who my dad served with. Talk about six degrees of separation. She is fun to hang out with. Robin is in her second year of Graduate School at UMass, where she is studying Conflict Resolution. She use to do divorce mediation in Utah and tells us the best stories. She is from Rhode Island. Each night, officially beginning last night, we have roommate prayer, which I enjoy. However, we are not reading the Ensign cover-to-cover like some people did at BYU, but we do have a spiritual thought. Our apartment is half of this house. We have three bedrooms, one bath, a kitchen, and living room. I will post pictures. Maybe there will be a countdown to the unveiling. I joined an all women's gym which is nice as I like to jog without old men glaring at me from the next treadmill. That was the one drawback of L.A. Fitness as old men can be disgusting if they stare at you. Just keep it in your pants and away from me. Sorry, mom if that offended you but I did inherit my sense of humore from you. I am glad I did because I love when we all get together and just laught at random crap. That is what makes our family so fun is that we can laught at stuff, but that we are also there for each other always providing the comforting shoulder to cry on when it is needed. There is always someone to call. My list includes my parents, sister, and Aunt Julee.

My Aunt Julee is a truly amazing person. She is not only my aunt, but one of my best friends. I love her zest for life and that she is becoming a great mountain biker. I am glad she found a training partner in Renee. I am working on getting a bike, do not worry. Julee, move back east as people bike everywhere, including to work and to the store. Like people would rather bike here then drive their car. Just some advice that you do not have to follow. She is a good mother to my amazingly talented cousin Aubree. I miss her and Aubree alot. I am glad for the time I spent with them this summer. I miss them.

Well, the randomness finally comes to an end...

1 comment:

janaesmom said...

I am having the hardest time getting my comments published on the blog website. Is it me? or is it the computer/internet? Anyway, in about 2 minutes I'm going to hurl the computer into the swimming pool!!!! Janae, I can't wait to talk to you today about your first official day in class. Enjoy the Fall in Boston; see ya soon!!