Sunday, August 31, 2008

Here I Go!!!

So today is my last official day of hotel living as tomorrow I can officially move into my new place. Yeah!!! I am actually looking forward to cooking myself some meals and unpacking all my stuff as I am tired of living out of a suitcase. I am adjusting to living out here in Boston. It was weird to get past the feeling that I was not getting on a plane to go back to Southern California anytime soon. Instead, I am settling into a new home and I am beginning to make new friends. Everything is good. I even lucked out on a gym membership as someone in my new ward needed to transfer hers to someone and I snapped it up. No starting fees. Yeah!!!!

I was dreading having to take a class on Saturday, but thankfully Simmons added another section of the class I was taking and now I have it on Tuesday. Things could not be working out for me better. Why can't every aspect of my life be this easy and simple. Sometimes, I get tired of the challenges, but I keep fighting. Sometimes I think I keep fighting because I feel like others do not care if they hurt my feelings. I think this is why I have greatly struggled my feelings about my mom continuing a relationship with Amy. I know my mom cannot cut her out of her life, but I refuse to act like Amy did nothing wrong or that I even like her. I spent too many years pretending to like her as she continued to lie to my family. Amy painted me as a liar when all i did was tell the truth, which is a concept foreign to her. However, I know my mom loves me and believes me. That is what I hold onto at day's end. That love and support even when it confuses me some days. I am resolved to move one. I am moving on as Amy no longer merits a place in my life or heart. Forgiveness will come eventually, but it will be on my own time and at my own pace.

I hope all is going well for everyone on the West Coast. Mom and Dad, I love you both so much. THanks for everything you continue to do for me everyday. Nathan, Laurel, and Eli, Good luck on the house search. I hope everything is going well with the new baby. Give Eli my love. I love all three of you very much. Renee, you are the best sister and my best friend. I love you so much. Thanks for always being there. Thank goodness for cell phones. Julee and Aubree, I miss and love you two very much. I hope all is going well. Keep rocking out!!!!

If I do not post that much this week it is because Grad School has finally begun. The hard work begins, but I am very excited.

Love you all!!!

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Yay for moving into your new place tomorrow! I can imagine that you're feeling done with hotel life. :) We're doing well -- Eli wanted to go see you the other day and we had to remind him you are in Boston. He thinks we're talking about the cat and doesn't really get it yet. :) But he misses you and hasn't forgotten about you at all (none of us have!). Hope everything goes well with your first week of school. Hard work is worth it, right?? :) Good luck! We love you!

janaesmom said...

I'm glad you got to visit the Breakers!! I've always wanted to see it. Those Vanderbilts sure knew how to spend their money....
I'm happy that you're finally moving into your house and not spending your life at the Hyatt. We're just a call away and we will be in touch with you too.