Monday, October 6, 2008

Narrangansett, Rhode Island

This weekend, my roommate Robin invited me and my roommate Rebecca down to her house for the weekend to watch General Conference. She lives a half hour away from Providence, Rhode Island in the town of Narrangansett. It is a cute little town situated on the beach and across the way from Newport, Rhode Island. Robin literally lives down the street from the beach. This picture above is of the Narrangansett Towers, which are spectacular.
Robin's parents were incredibly kind and sweet. After Rebecca and I got in on an evening train, her mother cooked us spaghetti and meatballs. It was delicious. The next day, we watched conference at their friends' house, the Smiths. They had four children who kept us entertained. Their youngest daugther, Sarah is two and could be Eli's future wife. Just Kidding!!! You never know. On Sunday, between sessions, we had a big pot roast lunch. it was good. I am thankful I got the chance to spend the time in Rhode Island, plus I got my hair done fore free. Robin's mom, Nadine cleaned it up by blending my color and cutting off all the dead ends. Robin and I are standing in front of the lighthouse at Point Judith, which is outside of Narrangansett. There are lighthouses everywhere.
This beach is literally in Robin's backyard. Across is the bridge you take over to the next island and beyond that is Newport, Rhode Island (think Breakers Mansion).
This is me standing on the beach. I just got my hair done and was enjoying my Saturday.
This is the mall in Providence. It is huge. Robin, Rebecca, Robin's mom, Nadine, and I had a girl's night out on Saturday. We ate at the Nordstrom's Cafe before going to see Waterfire, which you can see in this photo. Waterfire is where they light bonfires on the Providence River. It was neat to see.

No comments: