Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Letting Bygones be Bygones

Through previous posts I have touched upon a situation concerning my Aunt Amy, who confessed to me that she smoked pot, but did not want me to tell anyone, especially my mom. After much prayer, as I prayed and prayed, the spirit prompted me to tell my mom. I did and then Amy told my mom I had lied. It was horrible. I was so mad at her. I use "was" because I do not want to be mad anymore. In this journey to forgive her, it has lead to many hurt feelings and fights while exposing Amy for the liar she has always and will continue to be. But I have decided to let bygones be bygones with her though there is no promise of a relationship between us as of now. That is the next step. I am moving on. Hey, I would even spend Christmas with her though it would probably consist of Renee and I engaging in many pot smoking references and jokes. I laugh about it now. I even told Renee that I would not be upset if she wanted to hang out with Amy though Renee did not seem excited about that idea. Let me finally move forward and onward as things are going so well as of right now. I have many good reasons to smile back here in Boston...

No comments: