Sunday, October 12, 2008

Let the countdown begin...

I am so excited for this week. On Tuesday, my wonderful sister Renee will be coming to visit me as we have not seen each other since the middle of August. It has been awhile. I am excited to see her and hang out with her. Plus, on Friday we are going out to celebrate her birthday. It will involve Italian food, gelato, and the ballet with who knows what else. We tend to do the most random things, but have a lot of fun in the process. Just a few more days to go. It will be nice to spend time with family.

Also, I hope my dad makes it to his own deadline. He is an accountant and October 15th is one of his favorite days of the year. Well, it is one of his biggest deadlines of the year next to April 15th. He only has a few more days to go so and he will make it. He loves his job. I think you could only do his job if you really loved it. So good luck dad. You will make it and then just go have fun. I am sure mom would love it for you to take her somewhere nice. I love my dad very much. He is the best. He has always encouraged us to follow our dreams and understood the paths we chose to follow. He never has compared any of his children because he know we are all talented in our own ways. I love him very much.

Lately, I have been thinking much about forgiveness. I have been trying to forgive a certain family member, well Amy. I am done tiptoeing around this. She really hurt me when she tried to paint me as a liar to my parents after she told me she smoked pot. However, I have realized that by holding unto my anger towards her that I am becoming like her. Amy is a very angry person and that is why she does the things she do. I do not want to become that and live by my anger. I have seen how it affects othes. In coming to this realization, I have found that forgiving her does not mean I have to have a relationship with her. I just want to move on so we can all move on. But moving on will not involve talking to her or having her be part of my life. She has lost that right. We are done, we are through. I hope she realizes that she needs to make improvements in her own life if she wants family around. Her lies are just to toxic and hurtful. You are no more to me.

No comments: