Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Santa in August?

Yesterday, as I was walking through Harvard Square, a Santa Claus darted passed me. Wandering what was going on, I saw that he was begging for money as his sign read that he needed money to get back to the North Pole. That was new one. Hopefully, he returned his claus suit back to the costume store in time and used his money to pay for it. Some people just need to be creative to earn money. What can you do?

Life is going good. Today, I walked my but over to the North end of Boston to enjoy a little authentic italian gelato. Vanilla and Strawberry. it was good and if you do not believe me, ask my dad who eat their last week while him and my mom were in town. I think I worked it all off on my walk to the train and then from my walk from the train to my temporary home at the Hyatt Regency. Hotel living is okay, but I cannot wait to move into my new home. Tomorrow, my roommate Rebecca and I are going to get are hair cut and hang out. We both only have a few days left until school starts. I will be a student and she will be teaching high schoolers. Both Rebecca and my dad served their missions in Milan, Italy. What are the odds of that? Venturing back to the hotel, I walked through the MIT campus, which is beautiful. It is situated right by the Charles River and has many old buildings that are beautiful, but Harvard is more beautiful as nothing beats it brick buildings. I am working on getting a camera so I can post pictures, especially because this Saturday I will be visiting the mansions in Newport, Rhode Island. I am excited and hopefully I do not try and hide for the night in one of them.

I hope everyone is doing well. I love you all!!!

1 comment:

JAG said...

I didn't know you had moved all the way across the country! Where are you going to school, and for what? Jed & I going to visit Laurel & Nathan this weekend. It's too bad we'll miss you. I hope you love it out there! (And that it doesn't get too cold this winter...) :)