Monday, August 25, 2008

Monday's Musings!!!

Today was good. I spent the majority of it running around Boston, well mainly trying to get this immunizaiton shot, which I eventually got. While trying to find Simmons Health Center I gave myself a little tour of the Harvard Medical Schools, which are beautiful buildings. When school starts, I may spend some time over there looking for eligible doctors!!! Who knows!!! A girl can dream. After completing that, I went over to the Shops at the Prudential Center, which is this mall located on the main floor of the Prudential Center. I did some shopping, well kindof. I invested in one sweater as I am building up my winter wardrobe. I hate shopping by myself lately as I cannot seem to make any decisions now that I have more choices. It can be frustrating. I think I should hire a personal shopper or just focus more on the tasks at hand. Shopping should not be stressful, luckily my venture to the Gap that afternoon proved more successful as I bought two new shirts and tried on some coats. I was told that ear muffs might be a good investment to survive the winter.

Tonight, I went to my new ward's first family home evening. Usually, I tend to shrink into the background, but I forced myself out of my normal comfort zone and introduced myself to as many people as I could. It was a good evening as we ate ice cream from this place called Herrell's at Harvard Square. It was good. Then we went over to the Charles River and had a lesson while eating ice cream. After I chatted with more people and found out that if I am willing to dish out the money, I can get my hair done at one of the best salons on Newberry Street, but it is not worth $300. I just need to find someone who will do a good job so no Vidal Sassoon at the moment. I am gradually adjusting as each day gets better and I feel more comfortable being here. I love it here as I feel like I am at home and everyone I met is so nice and helpful. I hope everyone in California or whereever they are is doing well. I miss you guys. Come visit if you get the chance.

2 comments:

janaesmom said...

I'm back on the 'left coast' and I still can't get over that my daughter is on the 'right coast'. Janae, keep up the intrepid attitude. We're looking forward to Thanksgiving; hope Boston has a mild winter this year.

Laurel said...

Sounds like a fun, productive day! :) I can't wait to come and visit you, although I don't want to wait until the winter, so maybe sometime this fall. Then I could get my fill of the changing seasons, since that is one thing we lack here in the OC. :) PS: We're looking at houses and hopefully will be moving before Christmas. So when you come down, we'll actually have a guest room that you can stay in! I can't wait, lol. :) In the meantime, have fun meeting some eligible, cute doctors!!