Friday, May 1, 2009

She is the Best!!!

What can I say about Christy Bennett? She is truly one of the best people I know, so I want to pay tribute to the wonderful Christy because she is retiring in a few weeks from J.F. Shea and moving up to Utah to be by her family. I am very excited for her because I know how close she is to her children and especially her grandchildren. She is a great mother, wife, and grandmother. Anyone who has visited her home or her office, has seen the various pictures she keeps of all of them. I will miss her though. I still find it weird she does not live on Sapphire anymore. However, I now have another friend to visit when I go to Salt Lake. There will be visits because I love her very much. I have known her since I was a child and I truly consider her to be my second mother. She has been their for all the little and major events in my life. My sister and I are so thankful she is part of our lives. She is and will always be a part of my family. My mom, sister, and I actually wonder if she would adopt us into her family. I do not see any problem with this because she is family, this would just make it official. She is warm and caring and very loving. She is incredibly kind and would do anything for you. Her love knows no bounds. Anyone who has met her, is lucky to know her. I am lucky to know her.

I have learned much from her. She was my boss at Shea for the few summers I worked there. She taught me everything I know about the working world. She never gave me a break because I was "Ron Lakey's daugther." She worked me hard. I was an employee and I was going to work for my pay. She was incredibly patient with me as I learned the ropes and asked many questions. It is because of her I mastered the art of mulitasking. She pushed me out of my comfort zone when I learned how to operate a switchboard. She taught me how to organize myself and work well with others. Also, she always lended a listening ear when needed and offered a shoulder to cry on. She offered advice when needed and always made sure I am doing okay whenever I called the office. I love our chats and our lunches. Our gossip sessions always end in laugther. We always laughed when we got together. Her love for life is contagious as is her laugther and smile. We have an unbreakable bond. I am thankful to have her in my life and wish her the best in all her future pursuits.

I love you, Christy. I know you have worked so hard to get to this point and I am so happy for you. I am overjoyed. Enjoy your last few weeks at Shea and rock out at your party. Again, thank you for everything. Words cannot express what I am feeling in my heart. I love you!!!

No comments: