Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Day After Party!!!

The day after Renee's graduation, we headed up to Midway, Utah to spend the day with my parents, Nathan, Laurel, Eli, West, and Aubree. Lewis also joined us. We were throwing Renee a small party, which involved pizza and cake. This weekend included much cake, ice cream, and any really fattening food you can think of. It was fun and as you can see, Laurel and Eli made a pirate cake from a cake mold Renee sent Laurel for her birthday. It was fun. I love when our family is gathered together and just doing nothing. We ended the night by indulging in Dairy Keen, which has the best shakes and playing the card game "knock, knock" which is the must play game of our family. Technically, this picture is from the day I left, but I posted it because Renee and Lewis are so cute. They are a great couple.
Renee, with her Mrs. Bacher's cake. Mrs. Bacher's Pastry Shop makes the best cakes, donuts, cupcakes, etc. in Salt Lake City. Her cake was chocolate with raspberry cream filling and white frosting. It was declicious. The following day, which was Mother's day, we had a second cake from Mrs. Bacher's. Isn't Renee lovely in this picture?
A close-up of the cake. It was good.
Laurel and Eli's pirate cake. Eli was very proud of it and so excited to taste the frosting.

Eli, trying out the frosting. I love this little guy and I am amazed at his energy. He is constantly on the go. We played big jumps on the bed and then I became his human slide, which he really dug. He liked to slide down my legs. He fell off once, but he told me "Don't worry, I'm okay." He is so adorable as is his little brother West, whose eyes just melt my heart. I give big props to my sister-in-law, Laurel because not only does she have to keep up with the most active 3 year old on the planet, but she is caring for my little 5 month old nephew West. She is a great mother. Also, don't we all wish we had Eli's energy and metabolism.

No comments: