Saturday, January 31, 2009

My First New England Snow Storm

Though I was told I missed the worst of the snowstorms because I spent the majority of December and January in the warmth of California, a few days after my arrival we were hit with a huge storm. I woke up Wednesday morning to snow. We got a few inches to say the least. By the afternoon, the snow had turned to rain. With the freezing temps., the rain caused the slush on the ground to turn to ice. Inches of ice. I could have ice skated down my sidewalks. Actually, walking back from dinner with a friend on Wednesday night, I hit a patch. Luckily, this woman behind me helped me up and then suggested we walk on the street. The next morning, everything was frozen over. The ice is almost as bad as the snow. Here are some pictures of the snow, i did not take any of the ice though.
The view from outside my backdoor. The pipe to the left is encrusted in ice.
Our back porch covered with snow. It covered the ice that was below it.

My street. It had been plowed the morning. We got over 4 inches. I do not think some of our snow drifts will melt until June.

The snow down my street. I did not really leave the house on Wednesday except to dine with a friend. Thank goodness for rain boots. Actually, my mom gave me those boots for Christmas that keept me waterproof and my feet are kept warm. Though i intially did not like them, she knew I needed them back here. I love them and they are life savers.

My car buried under snow, which iced over the next day. I had fun removing it this morning.

Also, I want to give a shout out to my nephew Eli. He turns 3 today. I cannot believe how big he is getting.

No comments: