Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Newest Obsession...Sophie Kinsella


As I was leaving for my big move to Boston, my sister gave me this book on c.d. called the UnDomestic Goddess by British author Sophie Kinsella. She also writes the Shopalcoholic series. Renee said that her friend Christy had gotten her into all her books. So halfway across the United States, I think in Texas, I decided to give her book a go. It was great. I loved it. Kinsella's writing and humor are right on. However, I did not get to anymore of her books because school and dating kept me busy.

Fast forward to December and my six week fall break. Walking through Barnes and Noble with Renee, we end up in front of her books. I ask Renee what I should read next. She suggests Can you Keep a Secret? I pick it up and read it over the next 24 hours. It was great. After this book, I began her Shopalcoholic series. I am officially addicted. I lover her writing style and her humor. Plus, her books are pretty lighthearted and allow the reader to get lost in them. Plus, you fall in love with her lead characters, especially Becky Bloomwood of the Shopalcoholic series. So if you are looking for something next to read, pick up one of her books or come find me because I am collecting them at a rapid pace.

No comments: