Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year's Eve at Disneyland

Renee and I decided to try something different this year for New Year's Eve to guarantee that we would stay awake until midnight. We decided to go to Disneyland as it stays open until 2 in the morning. We rolled in around 1:30 and off we went. A note of advice, when a friend tells you it gets cold, believe them. Renee and I ended up buying pink fleece jacekets decorated with Tinkerbell. They are really warm and cute as I now wear mine to the gym everyday. Also, we confirmed too that we somehow attract weirdos to us everywhere we go. This worker on Star Tours invited us to the after park party, which we declined. Here are some highlights of our day, as we ended up staying at the park until 1.

Minutes after midnight, Renee and I decided to ride Dumbo. It was at this time both of us realized we have never really seen the movie in its entirety. They give you feathers before boarding. We were confused as first. I must confess, I dug the Disney Princess movies growing up and never really watched Dumbo. Oh, well.
Here I am trying not to freeze to death, wearing my dying light necklace before takeoff.

I am standing in line with Renee for Space Mountain. We waited for about an hour. We ended up in the front seat. It was awesome.
Here is the castle all lit up. This place was packed with people. We met up with my parents for dinner in Downtown Disney and they told us Disneyland was soldout. They had no tickets left. The place was crowded. It reminded me why I am such a homebody.

Renee is wearing her necklace as headband.

Here is the castle after midnight. It was all sparkly and shiny.
This is the castle again.

Here are my parents. We met them for dinner. My dad was proud of the parking spot he scored. It was a fun meal. I am glad they joined us.

This is the castle during the day. The park was still decorated for Christmas.

THis is the Haunted Mansion, decorated after the movie the Nightmare Before Christmas. It was my favorite ride the whole day. Renee and I loved it. Though we had a period of time before midnight where rides we went on broke down for a few minutes. We were stuck on Pirates for like 15 minutes and then in the Haunted Mansion, it stopped too.

Renee and I standing in front of the castle. We had a blast. We always do. My family is so great. I love them.
This is the tree that greets you as you enter the park.

I decided against making any resolutions this year, though I do wish to find continuing happiness and enjoy my life on both coasts.


2 comments:

JAG said...

Fun!! What an awesome way to ring in the new year!

Laurel said...

i know you guys had a blast! we'll have to get out there after the baby arrives. :) teach him early, right?