Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Beginning of the End



This past week, I began my last semester of Graduate School. That's right, I graduate in May, this coming May. It seems like only yesterday, I began my program. I was filled with apprehension and unsure what to expect. A year and a half later, these feelings have dissipated. I am where I am suppose to be following this path that I really do not know where is going next. Come May, uncertainty exists because I am in the process of job hunting and I could end up anywhere. The most concrete answer I give to people when they ask me where I am going after graduation is "I don't know" because I really do not know. Some days I feel the pressure more than others to answer this question, but I am job searching and trying to find the best position possible. I really want to be working as an archivist, but I can always be a librarian.

So the countdown begins. I think I am developing a case of senioritis, but the end is almost here and I will have my Master's. It's such a great feeling to have and I am fighting the urge to rub it in some people's faces who thought I was on this pointless path in my. What is sad about it, is that some of these people are related to me. I do not say family because I really do not consider them that. Oh, well. I am trying not to freeze to death, but it cold. I just witnesses my first snow squall the other day. It was crazy.

Also, I want to wish my nephew a happy birthday. He is turning 4 tomorrow!

1 comment:

Renee said...

YAy! It will be over before you know it so enjoy everything! Even when it sucks!