Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!!!

First, I want to begin this post by wishing everyone a happy new year. I am so excited for 2010, especially after a kind of rough 2009. However, I realized that many incredible things occurred in 2009. First, the year began with the birth of my second nephew West. He is so incredibly cute and smiley and laid back. His laugh just melts my heart!!! Second, my sister graduated from the University of Utah! Go Renee!!! Then the highlight of the whole year was her wedding. She is so incredibly happy and Lewis is such a great guy. I am so lucky to have him for a brother. I love you Renee and Lewis! You guys are going to make cute babies one of these days! Fourth, I got hired to work at the JFK Library. I love my job!

What else happened during 2009? I flew on a bunch of different airlines in my attempts to get back to California and Utah. Overall, I flew 7 times, which comes out to about 42,000 miles or so. My math is not exact. I did not always have the easiest times getting out of Logan and was banned from ever stepping foot onto a Jet Blue flight by my dad after they canceled and delayed a few of my flights. I love American Airlines and Virgina America.

School was difficult this year, but I made it. I want to say I survived, but I made it. Through this incredibly difficult experience, I developed a closer relationship with my cousin Jessica. She has been in my same exact position and has provided me with comfort, advice, love, support and so much more. Thanks is not enough, it will never be enough. I love you Jessica! Now, i have on semester left. I will graduate in five months, on May 14th to be exact! It is such an exciting time. A time for new beginnings and possible a new move. Who knows where I will go and who knows where I will be working!

So I did not exactly make many resolutions for this year. I have a few like being done with toxic people and being more positive and realizing certain burdens are not mine (they never were) to carry. I am removed. I am going to continue working on staying healthy and jump starting my non existent social life! To continue spending time with my friends, who are so awesome out here. I could not ask for better friends! Here is to a great 2010!

1 comment:

Jessica Mangelson said...

Your the best Janae- Happy New Year! I love you :)