Thursday, October 29, 2009

Salem! Halloween!

This past weekend, I, along with one of my best friends, okay she is my best friend out her, Betsy headed up to Salem to see how crazy it was for Halloween. As you know, Salem is where the infamous witch trials were held and they go all out for Halloween. They really do. Many people were dressed up in costumes. They are haunted houses and Betsy and I went on their candlelight tour that highlighted the Salem witch trails. It was so much fun!
This is Betsy and I standing with the Samantha Stephens statue. I love Betsy. She is so awesome. We hang out whenever we have the chance. Betsy and I are in the same program at Simmons. We met our first semester in our intro to archives class. We initially bonded over the fact we are both from California and formed a friendship from that point on. I am thankful to have met her and to be her friend. I have learned much from her and can talk to her about anything, especially about guys, school and life in general. She is always willing to listen and give advice. I appreciate her honesty! We will be friends for the rest of our lives. We had so much fun in Salem.
This is the main Salem drag, Essex Street. A street fair was set up and many people were in costumes. The weather was actually pretty nice too.
Some dressed up people.
Edward Scissorhands!
A dead bride. A funny story about this person. Later this night on our candlelight tour, we passed this "bride" lying on the ground with a cop rimming him out. She told him to get off the ground. He may have been a little tipsy!
The lit up Salem Witch Museum. The statue in front of it is of Roger Conant, Salem's founder and ancestor of mine.
The mime march!
And my favorite, old bay alley!

2 comments:

Jessica Mangelson said...

I have always wanted to go to Salem! What an interesting town. I just read a great book about this... I will send you the name.
Hope all is well-

Laurel said...

Looks like a fun trip! :)