Sunday, November 1, 2009

My Testimony!

This weekend, I had the privilege to attend the LDS Education Conference here in Boston. Elder M Russell Ballard came and presided over it as well as our Stake Conference. The theme of the Conference and Stake Conference was mission work. Our conference yesterday focused on ways we can help people learn about the church, especially in light of all the anti-Mormon literature on the web. Davie Neeleman, the founder of JetBlue, was one of the speakers. He started a foundation called More Good to combat these sites. It has done amazing things. It really got me thinking about what I can do. Much of the conference focused on how we can use the internet, including blogs. I have a blog and I am going to take this opportunity to bear my testimony.

I am so thankful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christy of Latter-day Saints. I cannot even imagine my life any other way. Though I am no perfect, I strive everyday to lead a righteous life. I know that the Lord loves me. He sent his son, Jesus Christ to this earth where he died so we could all have the opportunity to return and live with our Heavenly Father. I am so thankful for the atonement in my life. It is amazing its healing power and has brought me closer to the Lord. I know without a shadow of a doubt that Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. He was sent here to restore the true gospel to this earth. I am thankful for the Book of Mormon. It is another testament of the Lord. It is my favorite book. It provides me with guidance and has brought me comfort and shown me answers I was seeking. I find myself these days reading all over it as I am searching for answers to the next steps I should take in my life.

I am thankful for prayer. The Lord has answered many of mine. We just have to pray with a sincere heart and follow the promptings of the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost will never lead us astray. I felt his presence so strongly this weekend. He confirmed the words I heard from our leaders were true and send from the Lord. His still small voice provides such comfort and we cannot ignore him. We cannot fight him. When I have tried, he finds way to get me to listen.

The gospel is so beautiful. It is based on love, the love the Lord has for all his children who he wants to return to him. I am thankful for temple work and family history work. To find these ancestors and perform their work has to be one of the greatest gifts we can give them. As their work is done, I know they have without a doubt accepted the gospel. However, we need to also invite those still here on earth to hear the gospel and chose for themselves. This is one of my biggest shortcomings. I get nervous. I get scared, but I learned this weekend that the Lord will bring people to him if we seek them out. We cannot decide how does and does not have the right to hear the gospel because we never know who will accept it.

I am thankful for my family. I am glad to be sealed to them. My parents are so amazing as are my siblings. That is such a comfort to me to know my family is forever and that it does not end with death. That's way it pains me when I see some of my family members turn away from the church. I see they way they live their lives and I just wonder if they are happy? I see the mistakes they have made and wonder if things would be different if the gospel was still in their lives. Again, I am far from perfect, but the gospel has kept me from making horrible decisions. I really don't know where I would be without it. I don't even want to think about it. I really developed my testimony when I moved away from home at 18. At that time, my parents were not around to get me to go to church and I really read the Book of Mormon all the way through for the first time. I prayed to the Lord and asked him if it was true. During one quiet Sunday afternoon, he confirmed it was. My testimony has never wavered.

The church is true. I am thankful to have it in my life. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

1 comment:

symphonyofdissent said...

I was at the conference at well :) This is a beautiful testimony thank you so much for it!