Sunday, October 4, 2009

Pumpkin mania...

I decided to celebrate fall's official arrival by making my pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. They are my favorite by far as I love anything pumpkin. Next week, it is onto zucchini bread and banana bread. I made them for this Relief Society dinner we had while the guys were at Priesthood session during General Conference. we had a bake-off. I won second place for best seasonal flavors. I lost to the pumpkin swirl bundt cake, which was so good. So, so good. I am going to try to make it one of these days!

You think after slaving away on cookies, I would not want to make anything else, well, you guessed wrong. I decided to make pumpkin pie, which is one of my favorites. I love making pumpkin pie. I made the crust from scratch, from my mom's recipe and did not burn it because I followed my mom's advice and covered the edges with tin foil while it baked. This pie crust recipe is great because the crust is so flaky. I have not tried it yet, but it looks and smell the delicious.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I've been in a baking mode too. I love this time of year with all the yummy pumpkin stuff. Those cookies look delicious!

Laurel said...

Looks good enough to eat! :D