Sunday, March 22, 2009

Redneck Roundup and Candle Pin Bowling

This past Friday night, I went candle pin bowling with some friends from church. For those who have never heard of candle pin bowling, it is native to Boston as we do not have too many regulare bowling alleys out here. The pins are like candle sticks and the bowling balls are the size of softballs. I am actually not that bad at it and it was fun to do. I seemed to get better the more tired I was. To top the night off, many of use dressed up as rednecks. Though I did not wear an awesome Chuck Norris shirt like my friend Cami, I spiced up things by wearing my "Do it in the Dirt' t-shirt. The following are highlights from our time as Sacco's Bowl Haven in Somerville, MA.
The candle pins (sorry about the picture quality, it was dark and I am not the best photographer)
The "bowling" balls. You just threw them down the lane. I learned that the softer touch the better.

The bowling alley (My friends Jen and Chris are in the picture).

The bowling begins.

Me and my friend Meg Rampton. She and I are in the same program at Simmons and both have a family history degree.

Jen helping Ashley get dressed. Yes, she is wearing a trash bad.

Ashley and Jen. Both rockin' the garbage bags.
Emily, Brad, and Cami. Emily's shirt was adorned with a dinosaur and Cami's shirt sported Chuck Norris. Both rocked big hair.
Cami rockin' out. Her shirt reads "Chuck does all my stunts.
So if you come visit me and want to do something truly authentic to Boston, let me take you candle pin bowling. It is a hoot and good time.

No comments: