Friday, March 27, 2009

Max Sprinting

Lately, I have been trying to mix up my workout routine by alternating running every other day with something else. This has lead me to trying out every program on the elliptical, my favorite is the hill climb because it kicks your butt to the stair master, which I hated. I have been going to classes, including Urban Rebounding. Urban rebounding is exercising on a mini trampoline and I have learned that I have no rhythm or coordination skills. Also, I have been working on trying to get a six-pack for the summer, which is but a pipe dream at the time being. This has meant I have been doing sit-ups and push-ups every other day for the past few weeks. I am seeing some results, but not a lot. I think I need to be a little more dedicated. While reading through a blog the other day, I learned all about the benefits of sprinting in intervals. So I tried out this exercise on the treadmill. It is called max sprinting and it supposedly speeds up your metabolism. I tried it today, but I am going to continue it to see how it works out. Here is the workout:

4 minute work out on level 4

30 second sprint on level 7

90 second recovery on level 4

30 second spring on level 8

90 second recovery on level 4

30 second spring on level 9

30 second recovery on level 4

30 second sprint on level 7

90 second recovery on level 4

30 second sprint on level 8

90 second recovery on level 4

30 second sprint on level 9

3 minute 30 second recovery on level 3

Have fun.

3 comments:

Laurel said...

Yeah I'll be trying this...NOT! :) Maybe once I've been back on the elliptical more than once, lol. Sounds intense, though! :) TFS.

PS: Got your birthday card in the mail today! Thank you! :) Can't wait to open it on me birthday. :)

Janae and Topher said...

Thanks Laurel!!! I hope all is going well. Enjoy the elliptical, I am addicted to it currently. I am glad my card arrived. Happy early Birthday.

JAG said...

I'll have to try this one out...maybe. :)