Monday, March 2, 2009

First Official Snow Day!!!

Do not worry, pictures are forth coming of this massive snow storm that hit the Northeast last night. Beginning about Midnight, the snow began falling at a rate of 2 to 3 inches per hour. We are having huge wind gusts and freezing cold weather. Last night, I was constantly being woke up by the snow plows clearing the roads. Hopefully, this is the last storm and spring is just around the corner. Last night at around 10:30, I was notified via text, email, phone, and even my parents (Simmons texts my dad's blackberry because he is listed as my emergency contact) that school was closed today. We have over 5 inches lying on the ground and I have no desire to go anywhere. Well, I talked to my roommates about a snow ball fight later today.

The storm is suppose to break up this afternoon. I hate when the storms end because then everything freezes over and we have these thick sheets of ice to contend with until they melt. Melting does not occur usually until the weather warms up or we get a nice rain storm that washes everything away.

No comments: