Thursday, March 12, 2009

Palmyra, New York Pictures

For my spring break, my mom flew out to Boston and we drove six hours west to Palmyra, New York and spent a few days visiting the LDS church sites.

The Hill Cumorah, where Joseph Smith was told to go get the Golden Plates. My mom wanted to bring shovels to dig for them, but it was too cold!
The Moroni Monument on top of the Hill Cumorah.
Standing next to the Hill Cumorah Monument Mantle.

My mom trying not to freeze to death on top of the Hill Cumorah.
The Palmyra Temple. It is beautiful.

The Smith Family Log Cabin, located on the Smith Family Farm.

The Frame House. Also, located on the Smith Farm. The family moved into here from the log cabin. It was here the Joseph hid the Golded Plates under the bricks in front of the fireplace.

This is where Joseph hid the golden plates, under the bricks. This is a recreation.

The Sacred Grove. You can just feel the spirit so strongly.

The Sacred Grove. You can walk all around it.

Me in the Sacred Grove. The umbrella was in case it rained.

My mom in the Sacred Grove.

The Grandin Bulding. This is where the first 500 Book of Mormons were published. Martin Harris sold his farm to a Thomas Lakey to get the money to fund the publishing.
Mom and me in the printing room.

Main Street Palmyra. You can see my Prius.

The Peter Whitmer Farm in Fayette, New York. Joseph translated the Golden Plates here. Also, it was here where the church was officially organized in 1830. The chapel was built in 1980.

The Whitmer Farm House.

The upstairs of the Whitmer Farm House where Joseph translated the Golden Plates.

Mom and I in front of the Farm House.
Visiting Palmyra was an amazing experience. It was not crowded because it was still winter and cold, but we loved it. Palmyra is the cutest little town. You can feel the spirit and it is amazing to walk where Joseph did. I always wanted to visit here and I am glad I got the chance.

No comments: