Thursday, February 5, 2009

Thursday= Severe Cold and Disabled Trains

Today, it was like 8 degress and I was freezing to say the least. Before leaving for school, I bundled up in my trusty silk long johns, a turtleneck, jeans and two pairs of socks. Then I pulled my warm boots. After this, came the gloves, hat, jacket and scarf. This is how you dress out here. It was cold and as you know, cold and I do not mix well together. On top of this, when I got to the train, they were announcing that their would be delays due to disabled trains. I made it to Park Street, where the stupid disabled train situation effected me.

Of course, the line I take to school was delayed. Not wanting to be late to school, I jumped on a different line that got me to school, but dropped me off further than the train I normally take. It was slow, but I made it to class just in time. However, my face was bright red due to the severe chillin the air. Usually, I can deal with the cold, but it is the wind that hurts. It just whips at you. By the time I got home, I developed a headache and one of my lungs hurt. In talking with my mom, she said that I needed to wrap my scarf around my mouth so cold air does not enter my lungs. Tomorrow, I will heed her advice. Thanks for listening to my stupid complaints.

I have spent the past two weeks going through a break up. Break ups are never easy. I struggled with it initially because of all the emotions that accompany it, but knew at day's end it was the right decision, especially after the period of missing your significant other ends. I enjoyed my time with John, but it was not meant to be for many reasons. It was another learning experience. I learned much about myself and where I see myself going. I could not stay in it due to this fear I felt. Sometimes, it gets hard to try and be someone you are not. You can only do it for so long. You can only try for so long before you realize you are going on two different paths and that your differences are too great to overcome. I really tried. I cannot even express how hard I tried, but it did not work. We were not the best communicators. This is the end of him and I, but a new beginning for me.

I am amazed by the friends I have out here. Since, I got back, I have been doing many things with them. They just take you in, listen to you cry and offer their support. Their friendships also helped me through my initial bout of homesickness. Thanks!!!

1 comment:

JAG said...

Break-ups suck. But like you said, it's for the best. And that just means that there's someone GREAT out there waiting to find you!! :D