Tuesday, February 17, 2009

President Day's weekend

This past weekend, my roommate Robin invited down to her parent's home in Rhode Island to spend the weekend. They live across from Newport, Rhode Island in Narrangansett. Robin's parents are the sweetest people. They had adopted me into their family and I love spending time at their house. I consider them my surrogate family out here. It is always a good time their with good company, good stories, and good food. From their street, you can see the bridge that leads over to Newport. For those of you who do not know, Newport is home to these huge mansions and beach "cottages." The word cottages is deceptive because these homes are huge too (Pictures will come later. I forgot my camera and had to borrow my roommates).

We spent Valentine's Day night babysitting the two cutest kids, 3 year old Zoe and 5 month old Ethan while their parents went out. Robyn is Ethan's crush and Zoe is this big ball of energy. Move over, Remi, I think their might be some competition for Eli. Just Kidding!!! On Sunday, we went to church and then I had my hair done. Robin's mom, Nadine is this amazing hairstylist. She even showed me the proper way to roundbrush my hair. Afterwards, she took us on a drive throught Jamestown, Rhode Island. It is this quaint little town that has a windmill. Dan in Real Life, the Steve Carrell movie was filmed there. Again, all the houses are grogeous. On Monday, we officially declared it a vacation day. We took Robin's neighbor Stacey with us and Nadine gave me a tour of Newport. We all picked out are summer beach cottages and visited this notel called the Inn at Castlehill, which overlooks the bay. I have decided that my wedding reception needs to occur there.

Nadine showed me Jackie Kennedy's family home that comes complete with a castle guest house where she and President Kennedy stayed when they visisted. We drove by the mansions and through Newport's little downtown. I am looking forward to the spring/summer when everything blooms because Newport will be even more beautiful. We spent time debating how we could find rich husbands to buy us these houses. It was a blast. Again, I will post pictures soon. Also, Laurel, when you come visit we will be going to Newport because you will have so many picture oppurtunities that you will not know what to do with yourself, plus Eli has to meet Zoe.

We ended the night by seeing Confessions of a Shopalcholic and eating a Panera Bread. I had so much fun, but I needed it. See, my life has kind of been on this stupid emotional roller coaster that past few weeks. This has lead to this sensitivity that stupid things were making me cry. You feel like you try so hard and that sometimes, no one understands. I think part of this was being so far away from my family. I just wanted one of them to hug me. Oh, well, it is my struggle and I am handling the best I can.

No comments: