Thursday, February 26, 2009

So Boring...

First, I want to congratulate my friend Andrea on her engagement. She is one of the sweetest people I know and I wish her all the best. Yeah Andrea!!!

Lately, I have realized that my blog postings have not been that exciting because in all honesty, my life is kind of dull at the moment. Everyday, I either go to class or I am doing homework. I could bore you all with the details of my file migration project, but I will not do that. There are other things I could discuss but I promised my mom I would keep some aspects of my life off of my blog. She was right. She is coming to visit me in a week and a half for my spring break. I say "spring" break trying not to laugh because we are not even close to having spring out here. The weather is still cold and freezing cold winds do not help it. There will probably be snow on the ground when she arrives.

We are going to head out to Palmyra for a few days. A good thing about going before tourist season begins is that we get good hotel rates and none of the sites will be crowded with people. After spending some days there, we are going to come back and bum around Boston. This translates into we are going to hang in the North End and eat some good Italian food and gelato. I am excited to see her though lately I have questioned why I am not hightailing it back to California to the warmth and my two cute nephews. I realized that if I went back that I may not want to leave. Some days, it is hard to live so far away from everyone I love so dearly. However, I love my life out here. Next week, I am interviewing for a part time job working in the Archival Processing Unit at the JFK Library and Museum. This would be a way cool job and I hope it pans out.

So that is it. That is my life out here. I have the greatest friends out here though which helps. They keep me busy and we always are laughing about one thing or another. I could not ask for better people to have in my life out here. Though there are some people I wish would go away. Lately, I have had to deal with incompotent people. It is frustrating when you are trying so hard to do the right thing and they just are so oblivious to everything. You wonder, should they really be in charge of this? They should not. I have to tell myself they just do not know what they are doing and refrain from yelling or hitting them. I reached my breaking point the other day and delivered one long rant to one of my roommates about these people. If you want more details, call me. I hope everyone is doing well. I love you all!!!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Thank you so much Janae! Life sounds so exciting out in Boston, I bet there's a lot more things to do out there than the same old boring cacti out here. Oh and I hear you on the incompetent people thing. I see plenty of them here at work every day.