Monday, December 15, 2008

Boston Common Lights

Since I did not make it to the Boston Common tree lighting ceremony (stupid school projects), I thought it would be fun to go see the tree and the Common decorated. So this past Friday, John and I decide to venture out to Boston Common from Cambridge though it was freezing cold (John is a good sport). I am all excited, until we get off the train and we realized that the Common was not lit that well. I mean, my street, which is Christmas Light Lane in Alta Loma, CA has more lights. Also, this is where we saw the aforementioned Nativity scene. We were amazed that it contained Joseph and Mary, but no baby Jesus. We were confused. John suggested that maybe they had just put it up and still needed to add Jesus. I joked that maybe the city could not afford baby Jesus because they are having a budget crisis and that could explain the lack of lights. Here are some highlights:

I am standing in front of the Boston Common tree. It was not that big. The tree at Quincy Market, which is a few blocks over is huge. I saw it with my parents, but did not get a picture of it because it was poring rain. I tried to see more but school kept me busy.
This is the gazebo decorated. I did not take an up close shot because it was cold and John and I just wanted to get on a train and return to Cambridge. It was cold. Have I said that enough? Today, it is actually in the 40s and it feels so warm. Anything above freezing these days is warm.

Here is the Boston Common tree again, sans me standing in front. Some of the trees were decorated with lights.
Here I am trying to figure out where baby Jesus went. We came to the conclusion that we were probably suppose to imagine baby Jesus for ourselves. Also, I had a friend suggest that maybe he will not be put in their until Christmas Eve to symbolize his Christmas birth. John and I just found it funny. I am glad my dad chose to include baby Jesus in his Nativity because I could never convince Nathan and Laurel to portray a living Nativity with Eli. Just Kidding!!! 24 hours to California!!! Yeah!

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Yeah, more like Eli would not sit still to be part of a living nativity, so we'd still have a missing baby Jesus on our hands! :) LOL.

Janae and Topher said...

That is true. I am excited to see you guys. Just a few more hours.