Saturday, November 21, 2009

So Close, Yet so far...

The semester is almost over. I am writing this blog post from my school's library on a sunny Saturday afternoon. Yes, that's right. I've spent plenty Saturdays in my school's library doing homework. The main reason I do it is because there is less distractions here than at my house. I get a lot done, but I am just ready for this entire semester to be over. I really am. I am thankful Simmons gives us a six week break because my mind will need that time to thoroughly recover.

The past three months have been incredibly challenging for me. I have really had to dig down deep and find strength to carry me through. I am at the point, where I have realized that everything is going to be okay, but it has been hard to get their. However, things have worked out in truly amazing ways. An assignment I was struggling with, I got help from my brother and then my professor made part of it extra credit. To my credit, I did figure out one of the two extra credit questions on my own. Oh, Database Management, you will not be the death of me. I've learned a lot, I have and I have an awful lot of respect and amazement for Nathan who basically got his Master's in this area. I can barely survive on semester of it.

I am thankful for everyone's support, prayers, and love during this time. Just listening helps. I am not the one to ask for help. If you know me, I am always the one helping others and it is hard for me to accept help from others. Why? I think it is because I have had so many experiences with people who said they would help and never did. They bailed on me. However, when people out here the past few weeks have started asking me how I was, I just told them the truth. That I was barely holding it together and that I was stressed. My relief society president brought me dinner, another friend told me to call her anytime to go out to eat or see a movie, another friend said she would just listen to any of my long and incoherent babbles and my roommates have just listened. My family has done much too. They have sustained me and remind me that I can do this. That I am strong when I forget that I am. Because when you get to where I was, I forgot that.

No comments: