Sunday, September 6, 2009

Road trip, New England style...

Sorry, about my earlier post, I was kind of frustrated, but here is something a little bit more light hearted. As I mentioned, my mom and I took a quick trip up the coast. We first stopped in Rockport, Massachusetts where we shopped, ate fudge and strudel. Their harbor is beautiful and we picked out our beach houses. Here are some highlights:
Rockport's harbor. To the right we various beach houses. My mom and I decided that her and my dad needed to invest in one. For some reason, I did not take any pics of them.
Downtown Rockport. It was filled with cute, little shops and did we shop.
Just another view of the Rockport harbor and the Atlantic ocean, which is very blue. I still prefer the Pacific.

After Rockport, we drove up to Maine, where we stayed in Freeport, Maine, which is above Portland, Maine and the main headquarters of L.L. Bean. The L.L. Bean is huge and open 24 hours. Cabella's, eat your heart out, but again, I just did not take a picture. Instead, I fell in love with Maine's beaches and lighthouses. Laurel, add this to your list of places to visit to photograph.
This beach is located in South Portland, Maine. We visited the Two Light lighthouse. This lighthouse had two lights. As you can see, Maine's coast is beautiful and most of their beaches are rocky. That is rock and not pertified wood you are looking at. It is a combination of sandstone and shale.
A tide pool amidst the rocks.

Just beautiful!
Mom, hamming it up in front of the lighthouse.
Being serious and beautiful!
Me!
I thought I would end with my mom prior to consuming her lobster. It was good. If you are ever in Maine get lobster. You will not regret it. It is so delicious!

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Love looking through your pictures Janae! :) It's fun to see all that you're up to. And don't worry about your previous post -- I think everyone feels that way at one point or another in their lives. You are loved and appreciated, especially by this little Lakey family. :) You've got so many amazing qualities and I truly admire your courage, your bravery, and your big heart. :)

And you better believe that I am coming out to take lots and lots of photos one of these days! :)

Hope you're feeling better and happier soon.

Janae and Topher said...

Laurel,
Thanks! Have I told you lately that you are the best sister-in-law. You guys are so awesome. The list of places keeps getting longer. I say you come out here by yourself to take my graduation photos and than for my graduation. I have found the perfect photo op for Eli and West. They have these ducks statues in Boston Common, inspired by by the book Make Way for Ducklings that little kids can sit on. Too cute.

I am feeling better too. Thanks!