Saturday, September 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!

So looking through my pictures, I realized I don't have that many of my dad (he doesn't like his picture being taken, that's way), so I chose this one just because of the face Eli is making. But I want to wish my dad a happy birthday. Today, he is 55 years old.

I love my dad very much. He is the best father. He loves all of his children and supports all of our dreams and ambitions. He just truly wants us to be happy at day's end. It is thanks to him that I am able to pursue my education and I am very thankful for that. Very thankful. I have had so many wonderful oppurtunities because of him, which include seeing the world and getting a great education. He is always willing to listen to me. He told me once that his shoulders were wide enough to carry any burden that I might have. His patience is amazing and I am thankful for that.

He is a great husband. My mom is one lucky woman. He loves her more than anything and wants her to be happy. He is the husband who every Christmas looks for the perfect gift and this process usually includes going to like five jewelry stores, but hey, he wants to get her what she loves. He is strong in the priesthood and in the church. That is reflected in our home to this day.

He is a hard worker. He loves his job as an accountant even through his busy times. However, he looks at his job as a way to support his family. That is why he works, but also becausee loves numbers, which missed me entirely. But that does not matter to him.

The role he cherishes most these days is that of PawPaw. He loves being a grandpa. Eli and West are just the light of his lives. I love seeing him with them. He is so patient. One of his favorite things to do is to rock them to sleep in this rocking chair we have downstairs. He began the tradition with Eli and continues it with West today. They just bring this little smile to his face and they love him so much. He loves swimming with them and throwing rocks at the wall with Eli at the top of his yard. Heck, Eli got my parents into watching the show Phinneas and Ferb. Light of his lives, what can I say? Some days, if he knows they will be at our house, he will find excuses to leave early though he won't admit it is because he is excited to go home and spend time with them. Secretly, I think he is counting down the day when he can educate on why they need to love the Lakers and Dodgers and why he should like UCLA sports over USC. He is the best, but he loves his family fiercely. He truly does.

So, happy Dad! I love you and hope you have a wonderful day. Don't spend it all at work! Go enjoy some cake and your grandsons!.

Love
Janae

No comments: