Sunday, August 23, 2009

Taking that ultimate leap of faith?

I have never considered myself much of a risk taker. Usually, I shy away from doing anything crazy. This past year has shown me that I am a risk taker, that I can take leaps of faith and that everything will be alright. A year ago, I moved 3,000 miles away from my family and friends to pursue my Master's in Boston. I came out here knowing only my roommate. No matter how scared I was, I knew I was making the right choice as the Lord had shown me the path I now needed to take and even confirmed it to my parents. Usually, I am shy and would rather fade into the background, but I could not be that out here. With no family nearby, I had to create a new one and that meant making new friends. I put myself out there and befriend people. I developed this great group of friends at church and at school, who I love so dearly. I took this huge risk (moving) and another (stepping out of my comfort zone to make friends), but now this is other situation I am in where I don't know what to do.

Here is where I need some advice. I am going to be extremely vague in many ways, but hopefully what I write makes sense. If not, just call me. I am in this situation where I need to decide to take the ultimate risk by being completely honest about my feelings. I don't know what to do and have spent the past few days contemplating my next step and why taking it scares me. Moving to Boston scared me, but I did it. Making new friends was never easy, but I did it. Why is doing this thing scaring me? I thought it scared me because I was frightened of rejection. However, now I think I am scared of getting everything I wanted. Of being extremely happy. How crazy is that? Why does this scare me? I could be on the cusp of this great thing, but yet, I cannot take that leap of faith. I know I should just go for it. I know I should jump, I really should. I am open to any advice or suggestions. Thanks!!!

3 comments:

Renee Snyder said...

Hi Janae!
I found your blog on Renee's site. I hope you don't mind me reading your blog. I'm not exactly sure what you are going through. When I find myself in situations where I have to take a huge leap of faith, I rely on our Heavenly Father. He is the one who you can pore your whole heart to. You are a talented, beautiful, strong women. Always be honest with you feelings and never settle for less. If you need someone to listen just give me a call.

JAG said...

DO IT!
Hope for the best and know that whatever happens is what the Lord has in mind for you and He loves you.

Janae and Topher said...

Thanks you guys!!! I really appreciate your advice.