Monday, September 26, 2011

Half Marathon

So after much thought, I have decided to run a half marathon next month. I have gone back and forth about running a half marathon. Part of me just did not want to do it but another part of me wanted to prove that I can complete a half marathon or 13 mile run. I was a little scared...but I do not like to live my life with regrets. I feel like I can do this. And I am running with my roommate.

We are running the Halloween Half marathon down in Provo, Utah. And we get to run dressed up if we chose too. I am already thinking about my costume, which may just be a Halloween t-shirt. Who knows?

The training schedule has been fun! And grueling. This past Saturday, I ran 10 miles. I really ran 10 miles. It was hard, but I did it. Now, if I can just tack on three more, I have the half marathon completed. It is amazing how resilient your body is. Though my muscles hurt after my long run, I am getting my body in shape to run this long distance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you!
Let me know what you dress up as :)
Better yet, post a picture!!
Good luck,
Jessica

Andrea said...

This is awesome! Good luck, you'll do great!