Saturday, May 29, 2010

Family's Boston Visit, part 1: Red Sox, Freedom Trail, and Maine!

For my graduation, my family came to visit met in Boston. I was so glad that my parents, Nathan, Laurel, Renee, and Lewis were able to come. We had to so much (though I may have walked them to death). They were such troopers. And I think Mike's Pastry really misses Nathan. My parents arrived a few days before my siblings. They stayed at this hotel that is right on the Charles River on the Cambridge side. We had fun. My parents came and toured the John F. Kennedy library where I work and that night my dad and I went to a Red Sox game. Though it is May, the weather was 40 degrees and so cold. My dad was glad he bought a Red Sox sweatshirt because it helped keep him warm. It was one of the craziest games I had ever seen as the Blue Jays pitcher walked five players in a row and my dad realized he had played baseball in college against the Blue Jays first base coach. My dad was also like a teenager emailing his friend on his blackberry that he was at the game. He rocks!


The view from my parents hotel room!

The famous Green Monster at Fenway!


The Red Sox starting pitcher, John Lackey (a former Angels pitcher)


My dad and I!

My dad riding the t. He and Renee both ride the train the same way.

When my siblings and their spouses arrived, I took them for a tour of Boston. We did most of the Freedom Trail but then it got hot and we were tired. Plus, my dad that morning decided he wanted lobster, specifically lobster from Maine. So that afternoon we drove two hours to Portland, Maine and most of us, well Nathan, Laurel, and my dad had lobster.


Renee, Lewis, and I taking pictures of each other. Yes, we are that cool!


Nathan and Laurel taking a break.


Nathan, Laurel, Lewis, and Renee standing in front of the Paul Revere statue behind the Old North Church.


My parents at the Maine restaurant we went to for lobster.


Lewis and Renee


Nathan and Laurel


The lobster.

No comments: