Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Spring is springing?

First, my apologizes for being such a lame blogger lately. My life has been busy and this business has caused me to be so tired lately. I am just working hard towards graduation. Here in Boston we are finally moving into spring after surviving not one, but two massive rain storms. The storms were so bad that an umbrella did not even work and there was much flooding. Actually, a mall in Rhode Island that I have been a few times was submerged in water. It was horrible. But after the rain, you can see signs of spring popping up everywhere. I love spring in Boston, if it could be spring all year around I would be more inclined to stay here. Trees and flowers are beginning to bloom. This past Monday, on my way to watch my friend Betsy's undergraduate college choir sing, I decided to walk through the Boston Common and Public Gardens. The following is what I saw. It will only get more beautiful (Oh, Laurel, you will love it!):
Flowers in Bloom!
The Public Gardens!
The Public Gardens.

After my walk, I met up with Betsy and her boyfriend in front of the Church of the Covenant in downtown Boston. Her boyfriend sings in the Hobart and William Smith Colleges "The Colleges Chorale." We grabbed some dinner and then went back to the church to watch the performance. Betsy's boyfriends sings in the choir. The church was beyond gorgeous. All the old churches are so beautiful out here. Also, the performance was amazing. I really, really enjoyed it and am glad Betsy invited me to it. She one of my best friends out here.
The HWS choir!
The Chandelier

A little side note, I am excited for graduation, but also excited to see my family. I am so happy that my parents, sister, brother-in-law, brother, and sister-in-law will be here for my graduation. When I thought about who I wanted to be here, I realized I just needed the six of them. They have been so supportive during my time out here. They were there through both the good and bad times and always reminded me of how strong I am. They are so much a part of this accomplishment. Also, I am excited to show Nathan, Laurel, and Lewis Boston. It will be so much fun. Remember to bring some good walking shoes!

1 comment:

Laurel said...

Ah, I can't wait Janae! :D