Sunday, February 7, 2010

Just so tired of it....

The other week, my sister wrote a blog post about how if people want to talk to her, they just need to pick up the phone and call her. It is so true. There seems to be this idea going around that she and I need to call everyone and keep up with all these relationships. Basically, it means the other person has to do absolutely nothing, but complain when I apparently do not call them or do not give them all my undivided attention. Hey, I have a busy life. I go to school full time, work part time, plus I have homework. I am on board with Renee. If you want to talk to me, just call me. I am tired of being the one who always has to carry the relationship. Who always has to call, who always has to make this huge, grand effort because heaven forbid if I don't, I am called rude and mean. I am being accused of ignoring people.

You know what, I know I am none of that. I am tired of this crap. Tired of being the one who has to carry the relationship. I decided last year that I was done with this. If people really want a meaningful relationship with me, they can put in some effort on their end. And you know what, it is not that hard to contribute to a relationship. Ask Renee, ask my parents, ask my Grandma Lakey, ask my friends here, as my cousin Jessica. You can just decide, hey I want to talk to Janae. If I do not pick up, leave a message and I will call you back. Instead of continuing to think why does not she call me, she must hate me. I do not. I am tired of doing everything because it can be exhausting. Instead, maybe you should think I should reach out to her. What's up with her? Maybe I should actually put some effort into this relationship so it is not all on Janae. So please remember this the next time you want to tell me my mom how rude I am!

2 comments:

Renee said...

I totally agree with you. But I really think the one saying that we are rude and mean is the mean one especially saying it behind our backs. We could do worse stuff and probably not even be mean like drink and smoke or some crap like that. Whatever. I'm sick of it too!

Laurel said...

Oh girls, just don't even worry about it! :) If this person or people are really that upset, they should contact you! It's not worth getting worked up over. At all. :)

And PS: I'm sorry I don't call! But know I think of you guys and hope you're doing well! :)