Sunday, July 26, 2009

Brent's visit to Boston

This past week, my friend and one of my sister's best friends, Brent came and visited me in Boston. It was action packed to say the least. The night he got in, I took him all over Harvard. We walked the entire Freedom Trail, from start to finish. This meant we actually made it to the Bunker Hill momument, where we proceeded to walk up 294 steps to get to the top. We went shopping, ate good food and walked along the Charles River. The day before he left, we went to Concord and then Salem. We ended our trip by enjoying Boston Cream Pie from the Omni Parker House hotel. They invented it. Here are some picture highlights:

There are a few cemeteries on the Freedom Trail and they contain graves of many famous people, like Paul Revere and John Hancock. Above is the grave of John Winthrop, the first governor of Massachusetts. He is buried in the King's Chapel cemetery.
At the Old State House, we could not resist dressing up as Revolutionary War soldiers.
This is the Bunker Hill monument. Though the day started off sunny, it ended with rain. And yes, we walked to the top. Brent dared me to walk again in these new high heel shoes I bought.
Brent and I at the top of Bunker Hill.
The Beautiful Charles River. We were checking out hot, shirtless joggers.
Brent and I chilling. He is probably thinking that I cannot believe Janae convinced me to walk all over Boston.
The Alcott House, as in the Louisa May Alcott family home. She wrote Little Women here. It is located in Concord, Massachusetts.
In Salem, Brent was connecting with his inner-witchness. Also, this trip to Salem reminded me of a true witch I have to unfortunately be related too.
Though known for the witch trials, Salem has a beautiful harbor.
Also, located in Salem is Nathaniel Hawthorne's House of Seven Gables, which his novel is based on.
Brent and I at the end of our long day, which began in Concord and ended in Salem. We ended the trip by eating Indian food. I love Chicken Mango though my mouth was on fire.

No comments: