Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July, Lakey Style

This past weekend, my family, plus my sister's finance Lewis, her best friend Christy, her husband Dan, and their little girl Maisy gathered together at my parents' house to swim and bbq. It was a fun 4th of July. We swam for awhile and took turns going off the slide though we could never convince Eli to go down the slide, but he dug swimming around the pool with only the assistance of his swim vest. Good-bye water wings. Here are some highlights:

Dad making his world famous peach ice cream. It was good.
Hanging out prior to swimming. That is Nathan, Laurel, West, my mom, and Aunt Julee.

The pool.
Julee and West. I love West's smile.
Dan, Christy, Renee, and Lewis.
Christy's 4th of July lemon cupcakes. They were good.
Eli swimming on his own. He loves the pool
Me, preswim.
Renee and Lewis slathering up
Christy and her little girl Maisy

Eli swimming from Grandpa to Dad! He swam well in his new lifevest.
West, just chilling and eating his toes. He is so cute!
Dad, firing up the grill. He did good with chicken, steaks, and hot dogs.

Chlling after an afternoon of swimming!

After his swim, Eli decided jumping on the couch would be fun! He just had endless energy.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I just love your family! Sounds like you had a fun 4th. I'm glad you were able to be in CA for it. Hope you're enjoying your vacation!