Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Next Chapter

After months of applying for jobs, I can officially say that I have a job. For the past month, I have gone through a few rounds of interviews for this position in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints' (LDS) Family History Department. My first interview was a month ago. I flew up there and stayed the night with Renee and her husband and had a good interview, which admittedly I was nervous for. But they saw something they liked and the next day, I was called and invited back for a second interview. This second round was kind of a little chaotic as I flew in the morning of and was back to California that afternoon. Again, I felt that I had done well, but I kept the attitude that anything could happen. This interview was on a Friday. That Monday, much to my surprise and delight, I was called and asked to come back for a third and final interview that Thursday. After these interviews, I was called the next day and officially offered the job. I signed my offer letter and will start my new job this coming Monday.

But things have worked out so well for me that it kind of scares me. I found a place to live quickly and just feel that this is so meant to be. But sometimes I feel when things work out like this for me that something bad is suppose to happen. However, pushing these fears aside, I am concentrating on the joy of having a new job with good pay and good benefits. Plus, one of the best benefits is that I will be living close to my sister, who is my best friend. She is awesome and I am so excited that we can be living in the same city again. So wish me luck.

Also, I want to thank everyone for their love, support, and prayers!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Congratulations! I don't think anything bad will happen, it's all falling into place because you deserve it. Can't wait to hear about your new adventures!

Renee said...

Yay! Living closer to me IS the best part of all of this! Love you!